USER – TERMS & CONDITIONS
Welcome to Witan World!
Below Terms govern your use of Witanworld and our products, features, apps, services, technologies and software that we offer (the Witanworld, ewitenagemot or associated products), all products are offered as a part of Witenagemot World offering except where we expressively state that in separate Terms (and not these) apply.
1. Our services
Our mission is to give all individuals the power to freely exchange knowledge and build community to bring the world closer to each other.
To help advance this mission, we provide the products and services described below to you:
Provide an exchange to freely exchange knowledge and make connections:
Your experience on Witanworld and ewitenagemot will be unlike others: from articles, knowledge, Information, content, stories, events, ads and all other content that you see in News Feed or our video platform to the Pages that you create, follow and other features that you might use, such as Trends, Marketplace Indicators and search. We use the data we have – for example, knowledge content you create, about the connections you make, the choices and settings you select, and what you share and do on and off our Products – to enhance and personalize your experience.
Provide an enhanced & personalized experience for you:
Your experience on Witanworld and ewitenagemot is unlike others: from articles, knowledge, Information, content, stories, events, ads and all other content that you see in News Feed or our video platform to the Pages that you create, follow and other features that you might use, such as Trends, Marketplace Indicators and search. We use the data we have – for example, about the connections you make, the choices and settings you select, and what you share and do on and off our Products – to enhance and personalize your experience.
Connect you with people and entities that you care about:
We help you create, exchange knowledge and connect with people, groups, businesses, organisations and others that matter to you across the Witanworld and ewitenagemot products you use. We use the data that we have to make suggestions to you and others – for example, groups to join, events to attend, Pages to follow or send a message to, and people who you may want to associate with. Stronger ties and mutual respect make better communities, and we believe that our knowledge and services will be useful when people are connected to people, groups and organisations that they care about.
Empower you to freely exchange knowledge, express yourself with respect to others and communicate about what matters to you:
There are many ways to express yourself on Witanworld and ewitenagemot to communicate with friends, associates and others about what matters to you – for example, sharing your knowledge, guiding individuals or communities, status updates, photos, videos and stories across the Witanworld and Witenagemotworld Products that you use, sending messages to a friend or several people, creating events or groups, or adding knowledge content. We also have developed, and continue to explore, new ways for people to use technology, such as augmented reality and 360 video to create and share more expressive and engaging content on Witanworld and ewitenagemot.
Help you discover content, products and services that may interest you:
We show you ads, offers and other sponsored content to help you discover content, products and services that are offered by the many businesses and organisations that use Witanworld and ewitenagemot and other Related Products. Our partners pay us to show their content to you, and we design our services so that the content you see is as relevant and useful to you as everything else that you see on our Products.
Combat harmful conduct, and protect and support our community:
People will only exchange knowledge and build community in a non-threatening environment, Witanworld is committed to build a community in which people feel safe and freely exchange knowledge, experiences, and information. We employ dedicated teams around the world and develop advanced systems to detect misuse of our Products and Services, harmful conduct towards others and situations where we may be able to help support or protect our community. If we learn of content or conduct like this, we will take appropriate action – for example, offering help, removing content, blocking access, disabling an account or contacting law enforcement. We share data with other Witenagemotworld companies when we detect misuse or harmful conduct by someone using one of our Products.
Use and develop advanced technologies to provide safe and functional services for everyone:
We use and develop advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning systems and augmented reality so that people can use our Products and Services safely regardless of physical ability or geographic location. For example, technology like this helps people who have visual impairments understand what or who visual content or videos shared on Witanworld and ewitenagemot. We also build sophisticated network and communication technology to help more people connect to the Internet. And we develop automated systems to improve our ability to detect and remove harmful, abusive and dangerous activity that may harm our community and impact negatively to the Witanworld and ewitenagemot community or to the integrity of our Products.
Research to make our services better:
We engage in research and collaborate with others to improve our Products and services. One way we do this is by analysing the data we have and understanding how people use our Products and Services.
Provide consistent experience across the Witanworld and ewitenagemot Products, Services and Communities (aka Witenagemot World):
Our Products help you to freely exchange access, share and exchange knowledge, find and connect with people, groups, businesses, organisations and others that are important to you. We design our systems so that your experience is consistent across the different Witanworld and ewitenagemot Products and Services that you use. For example, we use data about the people you engage with on Witanworld and ewitenagemot to make it easier for you to connect with them on other 3rd Party Networks or Messenger, and we enable you to communicate with a business that you follow on Witanworld and ewitenagemot through different forums and messengers.
Enable global access to our services:
To operate our global service, we need to store and distribute content and data in our data centres and systems around the world, this including outside your country of residence. This infrastructure may be operated or controlled by the parent company Witenagemot World or its affiliates.
2. Our Data Policy and your privacy choices
To provide these services, we must collect and use your personal data. We detail our practices in the Data Policy, by accepting this User Agreement you also agree to comply to our Data Policies. Any violation of Data and Privacy Agreements will enable Witanworld and ewitenagemot to take actions as deemed appropriate, this may include revoking access to the products and services offered by Witanworld and ewitenagemot or its affiliates, report any gross violation to the appropriate authorities as the Witenagemot World Legal Teams deem appropriate.
All conditions are deemed agreed to in order to use our Products. We encourage you to review the privacy choices that you have in your settings.
3. Your commitments to Witanworld and ewitenagemot and our community
We provide these services to you and others to help advance our mission. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments:
Witanworld and ewitenagemot User expectations:
When people stand behind their experiences, opinions and take accountability to self-actions. Witanworld and ewitenagemot becomes a safer and more genuine place to be associated with, Witan (Witan World User) must be committed to display the below behavior and act responsibly at all times by:
• Use the same name that you use in everyday life.
• Provide accurate information about yourself.
• Create only one account (your own) and use your timeline for personal purposes.
• Not share your password, give access to your Witanworld account to others or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We try to make Witanworld and ewitenagemot broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use Witanworld and ewitenagemot if:
• You are under 12 years (or the minimum legal age in your country to use our Products).
• You are a convicted sex offender.
• We previously disabled your account for violations of Witanworld and ewitenagemot policies.
• You are prohibited from receiving our products, services or software under applicable laws where you reside.
How you can Use Witanworld and ewitenagemot
We want people to use Witanworld and ewitenagemot to freely exchange knowledge, experience to empower others people in the Witanworld and ewitenagemot community. This could involve expressing yourselves with mutual respect, and in such a way that it does not threaten the Safety and security of other people. Share content that you feel is important, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
1. You may not use our Products to do or share anything:
• That violates these Terms, Community Standards, other policies or terms and conditions that apply to your use of Witanworld and ewitenagemot.
• Initiating or associating with Activities that is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
• That infringes or violates the rights of others.
2. You may not upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden or impair the proper working or appearance of our Products.
3. You may not access or collect data from our Products using automated means (without our prior legal permission) or attempt to access data that you do not have permission to access.
We can remove content that you share in violation of these provisions and, if applicable, we may take action against your account, for the reasons described below. We may also disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct or behaviors that you believe violates your rights (including intellectual property rights) or our terms and policies.
3. Rights provided to Witanworld and ewitenagemot (aka Witenagemot World) by You.
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
1. Permission to use the content that you create and share: You own the content that you create and share on Witanworld and ewitenagemot and the other Witanworld and ewitenagemot products or services which you use, and nothing in these Terms takes away the rights that you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want. To provide our services though, you give us legal permissions to use that content.
Specifically, when you share, post or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (e.g. articles, trends, photos or videos) on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free and worldwide licence to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This means, for example, that if you share an Article or a Photo on Witanworld and ewitenagemot, you give us permission to store, copy and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service or other Witanworld and ewitenagemot Products and Services that you use.
You cannot end this license any of your previously approved and published work, however you are free to stop exchanging your information any time by deleting your account. You should know that, for technical reasons, any content that you delete may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies (though it will not be visible to other users). In addition, content you delete may continue to appear if you have shared it with others and they have not deleted it.
2. Permission to use your name, profile picture and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content: You give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions that you have taken on Witanworld and ewitenagemot next to or in connection with ads, offers and other sponsored content that we display across our Products and services, without any compensation to you. For example, we may show your friends that you have published an article or have expressed interest in an advertised event or have liked a Page created by a brand that has paid us to display its ads on Witanworld and ewitenagemot. Ads like this can be seen only by people who have your permission to see the actions that you’ve taken on Witanworld and ewitenagemot.
3. Permission to update software that you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install upgrades, updates and additional features to improve, enhance and further develop it.
4. Limits on using our intellectual property
If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Products (for example, images, designs, videos or sounds that we provide, which you add to content you create or share on Witanworld and ewitenagemot), we retain all rights to that content (but not yours). You can only use our copyrights or trademarks (or any similar marks) as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source license) to modify, create derivative works of, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
4. Additional provisions
1. Updating our Terms
We work constantly to improve our services and develop new features to make our Products better for you and our community. As a result, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our Products.
We hope that you will continue using our Products, but if you do not agree to our updated Terms and no longer want to be a part of the Witanworld community, you can delete your account at any time.
2. Account suspension or termination
We want Witanworld and ewitenagemot to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to express or associate themselves and share their thoughts and ideas.
If we determine that you have violated our terms or policies, we may take action against your account to protect our community and services, including by suspending access to your account or disabling it. We may also suspend or disable your account if you create risk or legal exposure for us or when we are permitted or required to do so by law. Where appropriate, we will notify you about your account the next time you try to access it.
If you delete or we disable your account, these Terms shall terminate as an agreement between you and us, but the following provisions will remain in place: 3, 4.2-4.5
3. Limits on liability
We work hard to provide the best Services and Products we can and to specify clear guidelines for everyone who uses them.
Our Products and Services, however, are provided “as is”, and we make no guarantees that they will always be safe, secure or error-free, or that they will function without disruptions, delays or imperfections. To the extent permitted by law, we also DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We do not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content that they share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful and other objectionable content).
We cannot predict when issues may arise with our Products. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstances will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms or the Witanworld and ewitenagemot Products, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
We try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, however, it’s useful to know up front where it can be resolved and what laws will apply.
If you are a consumer, the laws of the country in which you reside will apply to any claim, cause of action or dispute that you have against us, which arises out of or relates to these Terms or the Witanworld and ewitenagemot Products (“claim”), and you may resolve your claim in any competent court in that country that has jurisdiction over the claim. In all other cases, you agree that the claim must be resolved exclusively in the court deemed by Witenagemot World, that you submit to the personal jurisdiction of either of these courts for the purpose of litigating to any such claim, and that the laws of the State will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
1. These Terms (formerly known as the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities) make up the entire agreement between you and Witanworld and ewitenagemot regarding your use of our Products and services. They supersede any prior agreements.
2. Some of the Products we offer are also governed by supplemental terms. If you use any of those Products, supplemental terms will be made available and will become part of our agreement with you. For instance, if you access or use our Products for commercial or business purposes, such as buying ads, selling products, developing or managing content, apps, managing a group or Page for your business, or using our measurement services, you must agree to our Commercial Terms. If you post or share content containing content, you must comply with our Guidelines. To the extent that any supplemental terms conflict with these Terms, the supplemental terms shall govern to the extent of the conflict.
3. If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
4. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
5. You may designate a person (called a legacy contact) to manage your account if it is memorialized. Only your legacy contact or a person who you have identified in a valid will or similar document expressing clear consent to disclose your content upon death or incapacity will be able to seek disclosure from your account after it is memorialized.
6. These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
7. You should know that we may need to change the username for your account in certain circumstances (for example, if someone else claims the username and it appears unrelated to the name that you use in everyday life).
8. We always appreciate your feedback and other suggestions about our products and services. But you should know that we may use them without any restriction or obligation to compensate you, and we are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
9. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
6. Other Terms and Policies that may apply to you
• Community Standards: These guidelines outline our standards regarding the content that you post to Witanworld and ewitenagemot and your activity on Witanworld and ewitenagemot and other Witanworld Products.
• Commercial Terms: These Terms apply if you also access or use our Products for any commercial or business purpose, including advertising, operating an app on our Platform, using our measurement services, managing a group or a Page for a business or selling goods or services.
• Advertising Policies: These Policies specify what types of ad content are allowed by partners who advertise across the Witanworld and ewitenagemot Products.
• Self-Serve Ad Terms: These Terms apply when you use self-serve advertising interfaces to create, submit or deliver advertising or other commercial or sponsored activity or content.
• Pages, Groups and Events Policy: These guidelines apply if you create or administer a Witanworld and ewitenagemot Page, group or event, or if you use Witanworld and ewitenagemot to communicate or administer a promotion.
• Platform Policy: These guidelines outline the Policies that apply to your use of our platform (for example, for developers or operators of a platform application or website or if you use social plugins).
• Developer or Contributor Payment Terms: These Terms apply to contributors and developers of applications that use Witanworld and ewitenagemot Payments.
• Community Payment Terms: These Terms apply to payments made on or through Witanworld and ewitenagemot.
• Commerce Policies: These guidelines outline the Policies that apply when you offer products and services for sale on Witanworld and ewitenagemot.
• Witan World Brand Resources: These guidelines outline the Policies that apply to the use of Witanworld and ewitenagemot trademarks, logos and screenshots.
This Policy describes the information we process to support on Witanworld, Witan Sapience, Witenagemot World, Messenger and other products and features offered by Witenagemot World (Witanworld Products or Products). You can find additional tools and information in the Witanworld settings and ewitenagemot settings and Witnagemotworld settings.
What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide the Witanworld Products and Services, we must process information about you. The type of information that we collect depends on what products and services you look for or on how you use our products or services. You can learn how to access and delete information that we collect by visiting the Witanworld settings and ewitenagemot settings.
Things that you and others do and provide.
- Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our products and services, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content that you provide (e.g. metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. It can also include other features that we provide, so we can do things such as suggest and filters references that you might like, or give you tips on using resources or products or services. Our systems automatically process content and communications that you and others provide to analyse context and what’s in them for the purposes described below.
- Data with special protections: You can choose to provide information in your Witanworld and ewitenagemot profile fields your preference, views, who you are “interested in” or your health. This and other information (such as racial or ethnic origin, philosophical beliefs or trade union membership) could be subject to special protections under the laws of your country.
- Networks and connections. We collect information about the people, Pages, accounts, hashtags and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them across our Products, such as people you communicate with the most or groups you are part of. We also collect contact information if you choose to upload, sync or import it from a device (such as an address book or call log or SMS log history), which we use for things such as helping you and others find people you may know and for the other purposes listed below.
- Your usage. We collect information about how you use our Products, such as the types of content you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the people or accounts you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you’re using and have last used our Products, and what posts, videos and other content you view on our Products. We also collect information about how you use features like our camera.
- Information about transactions made on our Products. If you use our Products for purchases or other financial transactions (such as when you make a purchase in a game or make a donation), we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, other account and authentication information, and billing, shipping and contact details.
- Things others do and information they provide about you. We also receive and analyse content, communications and information that other people provide when they use our Products. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a photo of you, send a message to you or upload, sync or import your contact information.
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Products, and we combine this information across different devices that you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of our Products on your phone to better personalise the content (including ads) or features that you see when you use our Products on another device, such as your laptop or tablet, or to measure whether you took an action in response to an ad that we showed you on your phone on a different device.
Information that we obtain from these devices includes:
• Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
• Device operations: information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
• Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts that you use, and Family Device IDs (or other identifiers unique to Witanworld Company Products and Services associated with the same device or account).
• Device signals: Bluetooth signals, information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons and mobile phone masts.
• Data from device settings: information that you allow us to receive through device settings that you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
• Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network, so we can do things such as help you stream a video from your phone to your TV.
Information from partners.
Advertisers, app developers and publishers can send us information through Witanworld and ewitenagemot Business Tools that they use, including our social plugins (such as the Like button), Witanworld and ewitenagemot Login, our APIs and SDKs. These partners provide information about your activities off Witanworld and ewitenagemot – including information about your device, websites you visit, purchases you make, the ads you see and how you use their services – whether or not you have a Witanworld and ewitenagemot account or are logged in to Witanworld and ewitenagemot. For example, a game developer could use our API to tell us what games you play, or a business could tell us about a purchase you made in its shop. We also receive information about your online and offline actions and purchases from third-party data providers who have the rights to provide us with your information.
Partners receive your data when you visit or use their services or through third parties that they work with. We require each of these partners to have lawful rights to collect, use and share your data before providing any data to us. Learn more about the types of partners we receive data from.
How do we use this information?
We use the information that we have (subject to choices you make) as described below, and to provide and support the Witanworld Products and related services described in the Witanworld and ewitenagemot Terms and Witenagemot World Terms. Here’s how:
Provide, personalise and improve our Products.
We use the information that we have to deliver our Products, including to personalise features and content (including your News Feed, Witanworld and ewitenagemot Feed, Witanworld and ewitenagemot Stories and ads) and make suggestions for you (such as groups or events you may be interested in or topics you may want to follow) on and off our Products. To create personalised Products that are unique and relevant to you, we use your connections, preferences, interests and activities based on the data that we collect and learn from you and others (including any data with special protections you choose to provide); how you use and interact with our Products; and the people, places or things that you’re connected to and interested in on and off our Products. Learn more about how we use information about you to personalise your Witanworld and ewitenagemot experience, including features, content and recommendations in Witanworld Products; you can also learn more about how we choose the ads that you see.
• Information across Witanworld and ewitenagemot Products and devices: We connect information about your activities on different Witanworld and ewitenagemot Products and devices to provide a more tailored and consistent experience on all Witanworld and ewitenagemot Products that you use, wherever you use them. For example, we can suggest that you join a group on Witanworld that includes people you follow on Witanworld and ewitenagemot or communicate with using Messenger. We can also make your experience more seamless, for example, by automatically filling in your registration information (such as your phone number) from one Witanworld and ewitenagemot Product when you sign up for an account on a different Product.
• Location-related information: We use location-related information – such as your current location, where you live, the places you like to go, and the businesses and people you’re near – to provide, personalise and improve our Products, including ads, for you and others. Location-related information can be based on things such as precise device location (if you’ve allowed us to collect it), IP addresses and information from your and others’ use of Witanworld and ewitenagemot Products (such as check-ins or events you attend).
• Product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our Products, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
• Face recognition: If you have it turned on, we use face recognition technology to recognise you in photos, videos and camera experiences. The face recognition templates that we create may constitute data with special protections under the laws of your country. If we introduce face recognition technology to your profile experience, we will let you know first, and you will have control over whether we use this technology for you.
• Ads and other sponsored content: We use the information we have about you – including information about your interests, actions and connections – to select and personalise ads, offers and other sponsored content that we show you. Learn more about how we select and personalise ads, and your choices over the data we use to select ads and other sponsored content for you in the Witanworld and ewitenagemot and Witenagemot World settings.
Provide measurement, analytics and other business services.
We use the information that we have (including your activity off our Products, such as the websites you visit and ads you see) to help advertisers and other partners measure the effectiveness and distribution of their ads and services, and understand the types of people who use their services and how people interact with their websites, apps and services.
Promote safety, integrity and security.
We use the information that we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our Products, and promote safety and security on and off Witanworld and ewitenagemot (aka Witenagemot World) Products. For example, we use data that we have to investigate suspicious activity or breaches of our Terms or Policies, or to detect when someone needs help. To learn more, visit the Witanworld and ewitenagemot Security Help Centre and Security Tips.
Communicate with you.
We use the information that we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Products and let you know about our Policies and Terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Research and innovate for social good.
We use the information that we have (including from research partners who we collaborate with) to conduct and support research and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being. For example, we analyse information that we have about migration patterns during crisesto aid relief efforts. Learn more about our research programmes.
How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
Sharing on Witanworld and ewitenagemot Products, People and accounts that you share and communicate with, When you share and communicate using our Products, you choose the audience for what you share. For example, when you post on Witanworld and ewitenagemot, you select the audience for the post, such as a group, all of your friends, the public or a customised list of people. Similarly, when you use Messenger or other social networking product or services to communicate with people or businesses, those people and businesses can see the content you send. Your network can also see actions that you have taken on our Products, including engagement with ads and sponsored content. We also let other accounts see who has viewed their Witanworld and ewitenagemot Stories.
Public information can be seen by anyone, including if they don’t have an account. This includes your Witanworld and ewitenagemot username, any information you share with a public audience, information in your public profile on Witanworld and ewitenagemot, and content you share on a Witanworld or Witenagemotworld Page, or any other public forum. You, other people using Witanworld and ewitenagemot, and we can provide access to or send public information to anyone on or off our Products, including in other Witanworld and ewitenagemot Company Products, in search results or through tools and APIs. Public information can also be seen, accessed, reshared or downloaded through third-party services such as search engines, APIs and offline media such as TV, and by apps, websites and other services that integrate with our Products.
Content that others share or reshare about you.
You should consider who you choose to share with, because people who can see your activity on our Products can choose to share it with others on and off our Products, including people and businesses outside the audience that you shared with. For example, when you share a post or send a message to specific friends or accounts, they can download, screenshot or reshare that content to others across or off our Products, in person or in virtual reality experiences. Also, when you comment on someone else’s post or react to their content, your comment or reaction is visible to anyone who can see the other person’s content, and that person can change the audience later.
People can also use our Products to create and share content about you with the audience they choose. For example, people can share a photo of you in a story or mention, tag you at a location in a post or share information about you in their posts or messages. If you are uncomfortable with what others have shared about you on our Products, you can learn how to report the content.
Information about your active status or presence on our Products.
People in your networks can see signals telling them whether you are active on our Products, including whether you are currently active on Witanworld and ewitenagemot or other Witenagemot World or other networking sites, or when you last used our Products.
Apps, websites and third-party integrations on or using our Products.
When you choose to use third-party apps, websites or other services that use, or are integrated with, our Products, they can receive information about what you post or share. For example, when you share a Article with your Witanworld friends or use a Witanworld Comment or Share button on a website, the game developer or website can receive information about your activities in the game or receive a comment or link that you share from the website on Witanworld and ewitenagemot. Also, when you download or use such third-party services, they can access your public profile on Witanworld and ewitenagemot, and any information that you share with them. Apps and websites that you use may receive your list of friends if you choose to share it with them. But apps and websites that you use will not be able to receive any other information about your friends from you, or information about any of your followers (although your friends and followers may, of course, choose to share this information themselves). Information collected by these third-party services is subject to their own terms and policies, not this one.
Devices and operating systems providing native versions of Witanworld and ewitenagemot (i.e. where we have not developed our own first-party apps) will have access to all information that you choose to share with them, including information that your friends share with you, so they can provide our core functionality to you.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our Products or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Sharing with third-party partners
We work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve our Products or who use Witanworld Business Tools to grow their businesses, which makes it possible to operate our companies and provide free services to people around the world. We don’t sell any of your information to anyone and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide. Here are the types of third parties that we share information with:
Partners who use our analytics services.
We provide aggregated statistics and insights that help people and businesses understand how people are engaging with their posts, listings, Pages, videos and other content on and off the Witanworld Products. For example, Page admins and Witenagemotworld business profiles receive information about the number of people or accounts who viewed, reacted to or commented on their posts, as well as aggregate demographic and other information that helps them understand interactions with their Page or account.
We provide advertisers with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing, but we don’t share information that personally identifies you (information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us permission. For example, we provide general demographic and interest information to advertisers (for example, that an ad was seen by a woman between the ages of 25 and 34 who lives in Madrid and likes software engineering) to help them better understand their audience. We also confirm which Witanworld ads led you to make a purchase or take an action with an advertiser.
We share information about you with companies that aggregate it to provide analytics and measurement reports to our partners.
Partners offering goods and services in our Products.
When you subscribe to receive premium content, or buy something from a seller in our Products, the content creator or seller can receive your public information and other information that you share with them, as well as the information needed to complete the transaction, including shipping and contact details.
Vendors and service providers.
We provide information and content to vendors and service providers who support our business, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, analysing how our Products are used, providing customer service, facilitating payments or conducting surveys.
Researchers and academics.
We also provide information and content to research partners and academics to conduct research that advances scholarship and innovation that supports our business or mission and enhances discovery and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being.
Law enforcement or legal requests.
We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests in the circumstances outlined below.
How do Witanworld and ewitenagemot (aka Witenagemot World) work together?
Witanworld and ewitenagemot share infrastructure, systems and technology with other Witanworld products (which include Witan Sapience) to provide an innovative, relevant, consistent and safe experience across all Company Products that you use. We also process information about you across the Witanworld and ewitenagemot for these purposes, as permitted by applicable law and in accordance with their Terms and Policies. For example, we process information from Witanworld and ewitenagemot about accounts sending spam on its service so we can take appropriate action against those accounts on Witanworld and ewitenagemot. We also work to understand how people use and interact with our Company Products, such as understanding the number of unique users on different Company Products.
How can I manage or delete information about me?
We provide you with the ability to access, rectify, port and delete your data. Learn more in your Witanworld and ewitenagemot settings.
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services and Witanworld and ewitenagemot Products or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things such as the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, when you search for something on Witanworld and ewitenagemot, you can access and delete that query from within your search history at any time, but the log of that search is deleted after six months. If you submit a copy of your valid photo ID for account verification purposes, we delete that copy 30 days after submission. Learn more about deletion of content that you have shared and cookie data obtained through social plugins.
When you delete your account, we delete things that you have posted except Witan knowledge content, we delete things such as your photos and status updates, and you won’t be able to recover this information later. Information that others have shared about you isn’t part of your account and won’t be deleted. If you don’t want to delete your account but want to temporarily stop using the Products, you can deactivate your account instead. To delete your account at any time, please visit the Witanworld and ewitenagemot settings.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
• In response to a legal request (e.g. a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction and is consistent with internationally recognised standards.
• When we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorised use of the Products, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory enquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, if relevant, we exchange information with third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activity on and off our Products.
Information we receive about you (including financial transaction data related to purchases made with Witanworld and ewitenagemot) can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for term violations for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other term violations.
How do we operate and transfer data as part of our global services?
We share information globally, both internally within the Witanworld and ewitenagemot (aka Witenagemot World) Companies, and externally with our partners and with those you connect and share with around the world in accordance with this policy. Your information may, for example, be transferred or transmitted to, or stored and processed in the United States or other countries outside of where you live for the purposes as described in this policy. These data transfers are necessary to provide the services set forth in the Witanworld and ewitenagemot Terms and Witenagemotworld Terms and to globally operate and provide our Products to you. We utilise standard contract clauses, rely on the European Commission’s adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, and obtain your consent for these data transfers to the United States and other countries.
How will we notify you of changes to this Policy?
We’ll notify you before we make changes to this Policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised Policy before you choose to continue using our Products.
How to contact Witanworld and ewitenagemot (aka Witenagemot World Company)vwith questions
You can learn more about how privacy works on Witanworld and ewitenagemot. If you have questions about this Policy, you can contact us as described below. We may resolve disputes that you have with us in connection with our Privacy Policies and practices by writing to us on below address.
You can contact us online or by sending a written grievance at: